The report’s key findings are:
- About half of personal sector staff will not be coated by an employer retirement plan at any given time; this protection hole is pushed by small corporations.
- To encourage extra small corporations to undertake plans, policymakers have made it simpler to take part in A number of Employer Plans (MEPs).
- MEPs scale back the executive burden and fiduciary obligations of a stand-alone plan, and – in idea – may very well be cheaper.
- However it’s not clear that they do value much less, and any such evaluation ought to take into account worker – in addition to employer – charges.
- Total, whereas MEPs may very well be engaging, adoption could also be gradual resulting from unfamiliarity with the product and uncertainty over any value benefit.