The report’s key findings are:
- As life expectancy at 65 rises, outliving one’s assets poses a rising problem.
- This research explores how individuals understand their life expectancy, choices for dealing with longevity threat, and why few insure in opposition to it.
- A survey of traders with over $100,000 in monetary belongings sheds new mild on this matter:
- About half of respondents could be keen to purchase an annuity at prevailing market charges however simply 12 % really accomplish that.
- Causes for the hole could also be that monetary professionals don’t routinely suggest annuities and truly shopping for them may be onerous.
The Middle for Retirement Analysis at Boston School gratefully acknowledges Jackson Nationwide Life Insurance coverage Firm for supporting this analysis.